Tuesday, May 16, 2006

-The End- 2nd Street Cowboy and Now His Dog

-The End- 2nd Street Cowboy and his dog now

Instead of me’ waiting for your call- like maybe I am never getting "that" call-? I will stage a mock interview: so you can actually get to know me without even moving anything but your eye muscles. Our conversation I will’ stage all of it? Yes, so let me do the talking. –
And you just watch. -
First, I take a seat.
Than you take a seat.
It is peaceful, and it is good atmosphere as we meet. The Seattle Mariners are winning, which is amazing to hear.
And the 2nd street Cowboy and his dog now are comfortable and come in. "Either this is going to be a new beginning here for me, or this is going to be our end dog." The entrance is for a supreme dramatic effect, ‘as the dog and the cowboy talk.
You say than.
"What is it- you are looking for, Cowboy? Is it true you are a dyslexic and stuff? Why are you even bothering to come in for an interview, man? We are looking for someone that has all the makings, who has his- or her beautiful ‘wall paper’ ‘the gold seal’- you know the thing with fake gold decals, - which says college degree?"
I am shocked. Really’ I am shocked.
"Wow! Whoa! Doggie, I didn’t expect this kind of interview. I am being ‘determined’ all ready as unworthy- just because I don’t have what a ‘get out of jail free’ card or college degree. ‘Which is the way a college degrees works today- not bearing any witness to skill.’ Degrees are just a declared collaboration like a wreath: you have paid 40,000 dollars so to learn in our crowded classroom, at spending very little time at really practicing- what you went to school for."
I am dyslexic, true. I don’t have a "college degree." But a college and its degree don’t actual determine if a person can independently think on his feet, - no more than does graduating high school. Leonardo De Vinci was a dyslexic and recovered from dyslexia - to do- right by himself really, well, artistically with only a technical training. Albert Einstein’ he dropped out of high school. Am I comparing myself to that guy and that guy? - Yes, I am, why not?
Let me ask you something. You answer this in your head. "Let’s say- that I was a 2nd coming of Ernest Hemingway as a writer- but without a degree. Walking through the door, I am new to this and have had only a few excellent works for proven skill, which are two- pieces that are better than anything that you have done."
"On your side: are all of the writers with a paper degree with all in hand. Who they have never completed a sentence- in his or her life, to speak about- but you would take a degree over a degree- less Ernest Hemingway?"
"I think Ernest Hemingway would say, ‘bull, stuff’" on that.
This is the end or the beginning for the 2nd street Cowboy and now his dog. – Or it is the new beginning. -
I smile, and pet my dog and walk away.
And you say, "You are right." "You are a genius, Mike, you are hired."

-The End-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home