Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Page 4- 2nd Street Cowboy And Now His Dog

Page 4
Example: Mukilteo to be ‘fiscal’ or not?
There were tugs of war, rowboat races, and fishing derbies, pie-eating contests, and rattlesnake chili booths, waiter and waitress contests.
That was a memory of when there was the Mukilteo festival, ‘back when we were a rich but poor town.’ Or was it when we were a poor town but rich? Or was it some of us had money: but the rest of us were poor in money and not spirit - and had the Mukilteo Festival. Our than- to be future mayor, Brian Sullivan’ I saw him in a mud-wrestling contest, - before it was my turn. Man’ there was the Pick-a- Dilly Circus, and there were a few small carnival rides. There were examples of pride.
I was thinking about that- as a friend was in earshot of me; she said, " I am glad and thankful, for what the council has done for us, at least fiscally for Mukilteo."
Now there my train of thought lost, she stomped my memory of the Mukilteo Festival when I heard that. (My friend she didn’t grow up in Mukilteo) I was going to be unfair to her for ruining my thought. As she brought in the word, "We," into this.
Why did she say, "We"? "Fiscally"?
Let me tell her something, girl. The word "We" it includes many individuals who are at thinking.
For example,
When I was a kid’ in Mukilteo there "we" had a volunteer fire department- and volunteers: were getting paid very little, with two-old fire stations, - having to deal with old electrical wiring set-ups - in houses, as houses were not so up too snuff- as now.
Those firemen put out fires, and got paid little. The fires now in Mukilteo are way fewer. – But we have 2- state of the art fire departments-that are full time staffed? Think about that. - Now the Mukilteo City Council it wants to build a 5.1 million-dollar council hall, which will be used for city council meetings. What do we need a 5 million-dollar facility for? The council wills itself to be- better, now with a 5.1 million-dollar council hall? Do they think best in a 5.1 million-dollar facility over what they have now? (Note: is the rumor true- that Mukilteo is built on Everett property? And Mukilteo still is not considered its own city, - legally?)
I hope Rose Hill doesn’t get tore down. Let’s not use any word of the day like- ‘Fiscal’ to build its five million-dollar council meeting place.
My friend needs to go with me to Edgewater Park in Everett now, which is right off ‘old road’ in Mukilteo, where there is a new Boeing Plane pier being built. I tell her. Believe it or not- there used to be a real pretty beach, to walk on.
I think that my friend is starting to understand.
The State and Mukilteo council, - will be putting a new ferry also, soon. I am thinking what is going to happen to the small businesses? What is to become of a small business, like Woody’s, -if the ferry moves? Woody’s in Mukilteo is a small, grocery, hobby-shop, coffee place, store, which reminds us of Old Town Mukilteo. There is all ready talk- that the Mukilteo Council is maybe to tear down Woody’s and the Diamond Knot, to create what? The council is thinking a parking lot.
I am lost for words.
The Mukilteo festival where has it gone-? There is too much fiscal pride. As reports are that Mukilteo is, as much on solid ground, financially as it has been ever. 'See’ them trying to build a 5.1 million dollar council meeting place for it.'
'But our Mukilteo Festival has gotten worse every year? And now they want to build a 5 million-dollar place to have meetings in?'
Some reporters and politicians alike- will say that the once ‘poor old Mukilteo’ was run, poorly.
I am telling you friend.
The pronoun "We" and fiscal responsibility rarely mix. Because fiscal is usually just a reason for a politician to pick than choose for he or she - what is it best for them, and than the community; it is rarely for the community, first. For example, I saw last year’s festival and my friend wants to know, what is it I saw. Now for a festival all I saw is about 25 booths set up in a parking lot. A salmon bake. A fire truck. " I don’t know maybe a slushy pop stand,’ –for a Mukilteo Festival.
It is so fiscally rewarding to live in Mukilteo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home