Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Page 3- 2nd Street Cowboy And Now His Dog

Page 3
Example: Sports of 2006

-Me, maybe’ I have taken too many shots to my head, from my newspaper boy. -
The Huskies got knocked out of the NCAA tournament, and I want to see more of that kind of hard play.
Not since the Arizona Wildcats who the NCAA Basketball champions of 1996-97; did’ I think that maybe some thing may be happening- that we didn’t know about? I remember Jim Rosborough’ an assistant coach than with the Arizona Wildcats, honestly- when he talked about the Arizona Wildcats of 1996- 97 in comparison to 1994’s team:
``I think in many ways this is like the (1994) Final Four team,'' assistant coach (for Arizona) Jim Rosborough said. ``I'm not saying we're going to the Final Four, but the biggest similarity is the guys know the pecking order . . . Everybody is on the same page.''
He was talking about an Arizona team, who didn’t win its conference, -maybe going far into the tournament.
-It went onto win a national championship that year. -
For the Washington Huskies of 2006 there no more Jamaal Williams for setting-up, for all of his moves, - after receiving a pass from Brandon Roy, who got it from Bobby Jones, - than passed it on. I lived, oh! To wake-up when I watched the Huskies, at NCAA Tournament time. All the important things of my day were erased: The Huskies did what "that" something amazing. -
- Are the shots from the newspaper hitting my head, effecting me? -
-I am o.k. My paperboy is not Randy Johnson; so no permanent damage to my brain. -
Jon Brockman, yes, he was great. Brockman was great; which is in all- how you see it. If the Husky men were getting a rebound and finding open shots; and getting shots in the lane, than there Jon Brockman played well.
Jon Brockman for his picks and rebounds and his toughness for this year: he will get some one to help him-like Spencer Hawes, next year.
More NCAA Tournaments and maybe a championship in the future- I can see it; (I am also a Cougar fan in this and not all Huskies. As I know that most of the time’ the Cougar fan in me will never make a try to be- unbiased in hate for the Huskies.)
I didn’t pick Arizona to win, and nobody else did in 96-97.
Arizona won the championship in 96-97.
Even that’ Arizona team to me was not as amazing as this year’s Huskies.
Magic is still going on here; the Huskies season is still going in my head. The Huskies didn’t even win the Pacific Ten tournament; didn’t even the win the conference title either. The Huskies were picked to finish, mid-conference in the Pac- Ten.
Just think’ when there was no one else on earth who would lose to Cougars this year, the Huskies stepped-up- and did it.
And the Huskies still made it to the sweet 16, - in spite of losing twice ‘ to them Cougars.
The Huskies have realized their pecking order.
Bring on Spencer Hawes (maybe Isaiah Thomas) to help Brockman- with the next set of Huskies. For I see a NCAA Championship in the future, I do. Whether that is next year: or in the future it doesn’t matter- because they did something amazing this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home