Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Page 0- 2nd Street Cowboy And Now His Dog

Page O



Introduction- 2nd Street Cowboy
-And-
Now his dog’

Look at my three cattle! They are not listening to me. They have one mind after my own, - trying to ignore me.
This is for me spending a half year of my time wisely. Just cause I left them and took to studying for three years, and ignored them a little. What else could I do? I wanted to learn and get away from this day to day job of being a cowboy. To the cows- I am probably just the same "old- dumb cowboy," "Hey! Guys! Three years is… it is time."
"I am going to take my education and go."
"I don’t want to be talking like this to you guys anymore. You’ cattle are only good for listening, if my talking is than, ‘moo!’ This is all grieving me. I am still going to see you guys; I am just moving to a different career."
Who wants to be stuck in mud and poop?
I grew up in this- without a chance.
Familiarity, composite ease, I don’t want it.
"Cell phone," "is ringing."
Is anyone interested in hiring me? It is exciting to get a phone call that asks me to write, instead of ride a horse. Hey! This might be interesting. "Yes, I only went to college for a year at Edmonds Community College." "I grew-up in a cow poke town- called ‘Mukilteo.’ Yes, - it did take me about three or so years to read and write like that."
"We tend to only take people that have a college degree."
" That is just a standard policy, to have a degree."
" It makes it easier for all of us- that way."
(Here we go. I am getting a bad vibe. I want to write, because of familiarity and against the seemingly all too moderate way. Giving them my portfolio’ -I thought that city folk would be much better about giving me a chance.)
"We are going to give you a try, at an interview."
Than we converse on. And she is a nice lady.
-I only went to college for a half year; and studied for three years now having the basis of learning the basics of- reading words, and spelling, and word phonics. Than’ I went onto verb tense, conjunctions, dependent words, adverbs, adjectives, pronouns, prepositions, to outlining and essays. And than for 3 years: I studied to put that together. -
Hey! Look at me’ I am smiling. Rounding up cattle my whole life it is not what I want. I traded in my horse for a computer and applied myself, to typing and learning all the different ways that one can talk to him-self. If ‘you think that a year is not too long for college? If you do think three years is not long enough to study, at all?
I will ask you- "what are of fancy titles and degrees.’ Where I come from, you can either ride a horse or you can’t. I can either write or I; or I can’t. There is no person at standing where I was studying for three years, who stood in front of me, - gaining from me 40,000 dollars of my money for a degree.
The degree that I earned, was rough draft, and many more drafts- until I learned to write intensively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home